I have a BIG update for you this time and it took me a while to do! I added new reviews, and I redesigned my site!
- The Reviews Page has two new additions, both are maps of Wim Vanrie's. Terrere02: Spookyness Guaranteed and Dead Simple: Revisited were two very nice and tough levels... read my reviews of them.
- I changed the overall appearance of the site to a more tech-ish look. It still retains some of the original colours though.
- I've eliminated some sections of the site and cleaned up the navigation. The Reviews Page has all my reviews, the Downloads Page includes Levels, Utilities and also the Wallpapers, Desktop Themes and Winamp Skins that had their own sections before. The Articles Page now includes all the tech/non-tech articles and also the Fun Stuff Pages.
- I have removed my demos from the site. I will be submitting all my demos to Opulent's Archive, so you can get them from there if you want.
- All links to my files have been changed to their new location at the NewDoom Review Center.
- All my WADs have their own info page with download links, info about demos, etc.
- I added info about my two new Speedmapping levels.
- I rewrote the About Page.
- The Links Page has also been rewritten.
If you have trouble finding any files (reviewed WADs especially), please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before I get on to the latest additions to the site, let me write about all that's happened between the last update and now...
- 8 Sep - Took part in Speedmapping, theme was Abandoned Mines! This is my best speedmap so far. The All-New NewDoom Review Center was launched too!
- 9 Sep - Downloaded Wim Vanrie's Terrere02 and Dead Simple: Revisited maps and did reviews for both. But I couldn't upload them till now.
- 11 Sep - In the light of the terrorist attack, all of us on The 9th Gate team decided to put a message on our site expressing our condolences.
- 15 Sep - Downloaded Derek MacDonald's Jägermörder 01: Chemical Lab. Going to review it when I get the time. Took part in Speedmapping and made a Canyon map.
- 17 Sep - The message on The 9th Gate website with all our signatures is uploaded.
- 19 Sep - Tobias Münch was interviewed at Doom Center. Nice interview, Tobias!
- 22 Sep - Downloaded Kaiser's 11-level demo of DSV 4: Unholy Dreams. Nice levels, I want to review those as well.
- 23 Sep - Played all 30 levels of Wim Vanrie's Phouse: The Great Arena (on Skill 1 of course!).
- 24 Sep - Started working on a new design for Karthik's Doom Pages!
- 25 Sep - Did a demo of Dead Simple: Revisited. I'm going to send it to Opulent soon.
In other non-Doom related news, my teacher's site http://justkalpana.tripod.com that I was talking about earlier, crossed 1000 hits. She has also added some fantastic wallpapers to her site. And Srikanth has finally set up his home page at http://srikanth5.tripod.com.
I've downloaded a number of maps by Sam 'Metabolist' Woodman... but one of my favourites among his levels is Ockham Complex. The past few days I've been playing it a number of times, so I decided to review it. Read my review for Ockham Complex.
Doom Center released a compilation megawad of all the 15 levels they received as entries for their Episode 1 Competition. And I spent most of this Sunday reviewing those levels! I've finished my review and it's up on this site. There were some great maps in the collection. Fredrik Johannson's level and Tobias Münch's Comm Center were fantastic. The collection also had other pretty good maps. But there were also a good number of levels which I just didn't like. Anyway, I have given my opinions on each one of those levels in my review. Read my review for the Doom Center Episode 1 Contest Megawad (15 levels).
This was the biggest reviewing job I've ever done :). 16 levels in two days - 13 levels straight on Sunday, 2 levels + Ockham on Monday!
NewDoom's Files Section is still not back online, so I can't upload anything yet. Yes, I still have all those Doom Winamp Skins waiting... I am also planning some other improvements on this site. Some of the levels in the Reviews Section are not available at CDROM.COM and other sites, so I am thinking of storing them here on this site. Also, I want to do some more cleaning up. I am thinking of removing my demos from this site - I don't think there are many people interested in them.
Once again, I left the site without updates for quite a while... I feel quite bad about that. Anyway, here's all the Doom-related stuff I've been doing in that time, not all that much.
- EDGE 1.26 and QDoom were released, and I downloaded EDGE... still haven't got QDoom. I must download that!
- 16 Aug - Doom Center featured an interview with all the members of the team on The 9th Gate. Read the interview!
- 18 Aug - Started work on Chaos Punch II. You can see I've updated the Pic of the Moment with a screenshot from that level.
- 24 Aug - Opulent released his map Mustache Doom - and I did a couple of demos for it. You can find those demos at his site.
- 26 Aug - I found this very interesting webpage - I hadn't heard about PSDoom before... this is a tool for System Administrators using Doom as an interface!
- 30 Aug - We downloaded and played Doom at NIIT :).
- 2 Sep - Doom Center's E1 Contest Megawad was released.
Lots of activity regarding the new Doom 3 footage/screenshots! Those shots look amazing, but I wasn't in time to download the video... must find it soon.
And as for recent non-Doom stuff - my teacher's site that I mentioned earlier, crossed 500 hits in a month's time. I also saw Hannibal and Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within recently - great movies. I also heard a terrific hip-hop/jazz song by Pablo Dictter - nice catchy beats! Tobias also sent a nice techno-type song of his sometime back.